You Are My Serenity... But Not My Destiny

by


If I ask a space in you,
would you be willing to spare it for me?
even if it is not inside your heart
even if it is the tiniest space ever
would you be willing to give me?

there were times when you still crossed my mind.
though I kept myself busy doing my daily life
Went out at six and came home at five
but then when I paused 
 all of a sudden 
you appeared without any cause.

there were times when I was having a very tough day
when I was in the state of physically tested
and the first person who got into my head
is you.
yes you.

And there were times when I felt emotionally ill
and needed something to hold onto just to stand still
there were times when I had the need to cry 
and needed a shoulder to let loose my sigh

and those moments when I was having a stormy gloomy day
is the moment when I wanted to run towards you
is the moment when I wanted to tell you all the rough and tough things I had
just for you to know.
just for me to share.
nothing more.
nothing less.



At some point as I looked upon a mirror...
I'd realize that I don't have the strength to stand on my feet either.

My mind can choose. 
But my heart doesn't.


Is it because I asked you to leave?
Or is it because you did really want to go?

If only you could see how hopeless I was 
and if only you could count the tears rolled down my face
on the day we moved on separate ways
on the day we decided to call it off

would you still be leaving?